First and foremost, we want to thank all of you for your continued support as we navigate through these unprecedented times. We, as a staff, have tried our best to continue to provide a comfortable atmosphere with our usual emphasis on quality food and drink, all while taking on the added responsibility of keeping all of you safe during the pandemic. Needless to say, it has been stressful at times, because after eight months of living through this nightmare, we all want things to get back to “normal,” but until we are able to safely achieve that “new normal,” we have to hang on a little bit longer, and play by the rules set forth to us, until this virus is put to rest.
We have a new set of rules to play by, beginning on Monday, November 23. These are not rules set forth by us, but by our Governor, and they are rules that are being put in place to keep all of you, as well as our staff, safe. The rules are the same at any establishment statewide. We wanted to proactively make these rules available to all of you.
- All restaurants/bars are to allow no more than 30% capacity into their establishments. That puts us at 48 people.
- All tables are to have no more than 4 adults and 2 children. The max number of adults (18 years +) at any table is 4.
- All patrons must wear their masks at all times, even while seated at the table or bar, except when actively eating and/or drinking.
- We are allowed to have bar stools, in sets of 2, with proper social distancing between each pair. We will have the designated bar stool spaces marked off on the floor so that there is no question as to the proper areas.
- In addition to the bar seating, if you choose to sit at the bar, you must reserve the two stools in advance, and you must also order food. Both of these stipulations have to be met in order to sit at the bar. With the reopening of our back bar, we will be able to have a total of 10 bar stools here at Gary’s, 3 pairs at our front bar, and 2 pairs at our back bar.
These are the rules that we all have to play by if we want to stay in the game. We all know that sometimes we forget to put on our mask when moving about the restaurant, and now we have to wear our masks, even while seated. We all want to hang out with 30 of our closest friends, not sit with just 3. The fact is, we can’t do that right now. So we are asking for you to be patient, for just hopefully a few more months, and to help us play by the rules so that we can keep our doors open to you, and to celebrate our upcoming 30th year with all of you in true Gary’s spirit. All restaurants are struggling through this, so let’s try to remember to play by the rules and help them out. We all have the same goal in the end.
Thanks for being great friends, family, staff, customers, loyal patrons, you name it, for almost 30 years. Let’s keep this thing going, safely, and hugs and beer shooters for all on the flip side. We love you all!
Your Team at Gary’s Dewey Beach Grill / 38° – 75° Brewing